Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
Master of Arts in Environmental Science & Natural Resource Journalism
Master’s in Environmental Science and Natural Resources Journalism, The University of Montana; 05/2013.
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences, Fergusson College, Pune University; 2010.
Higher Secondary Education, Fergusson College, Pune; 2007.
ICSE [Secondary Education], St. Mary’s School, Pune; 2005.
- Independent Correspondent: Mongabay.com – Researching, reporting and writing stories on science and the environment using the Global Forest Watch map and data platform; August 2014 to present.
- Interim Communications & Social Media Coordinator: The International Knowledge Center – overseeing outgoing communication material and social media content; designing templates, content and strategies for weekly newsletters and creating the format, layout and content for building a new website; managing Twitter and Instagram feeds; Pune, India; August 2014 to present.
- Web Producer (part-time): writing and editing online stories for KBZK and KXLF (Montana Television Network); managing both websites and social media (Facebook and Twitter) for both TV stations; Bozeman, MT; 08/2013 to present.
- Environmental Science Adviser for the University of Montana's School of Journalism: facilitating an Environmental Writing study abroad program taking a group of 23 students and 3 faculty members to India for three weeks to help them identify and report rural and urban environmental stories with an international relevance and perspective; India; September 2014 to February 2014.
- News Writer/Reader: assembling, writing and editing news stories from the Associated Press wire service for live radio news broadcasts on 89.9 FM, KBGA College Radio; Missoula, MT; 06/2013 to 07/2013.
- Teaching Assistant for Global Current Events (JOUR 165X), School of Journalism, University of Montana; Missoula, MT; 08/2012 to 05/2013.
- Intern Reporter at The Hindu Business Line: covering finance, banking and environment at a national daily in India; Mumbai, India; 05/2012 to 06/2012.
- News Editor for the International Students Association, The University of Montana; Missoula, MT; 2012 to 2013.
- Teaching Assistant for News Literacy (JOUR 110Y), School of Journalism, University of Montana; Missoula, MT; 01/2012 to 05/2012.
- Team member and Participant - Wildlife Conservation Leadership Course with Tiger Watch, Ranthambhore; 05/2009.
- Teacher with the Young India Program for HSBC, India: teaching students from the 5th to the 8th grade at the Seva Sadan English Medium School in Pune, India; 2009.
- Team Leader - The Gharial Expedition #2 in the National Chambal Sanctuary, Rajasthan, India; for Tiger Watch, Ranthambhore; 12/2008.
- Volunteer at the Agumbe Rainforest Research Station [ARRS] - radio-tracking wild King cobras and monitoring their nests for scientific data collection; Karnataka, India; 06/2008.
- Volunteer/Team member - Gharial Expedition #1 for Tiger Watch, Ranthambhore; collecting data on critically endangered Gharial (crocodile) at the National Chambal Sanctuary; 01/2008.
- Volunteer for Foliage Outdoors (now Infinite Journeys) - assisting with wildlife camps, environmental education, photo and film festivals; Pune, India; 2003 to 2009.
- Fellow - International League of Conservation Writers
- Member - International Communication Association
- Member - Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ)
- Member - South Asian Journalists Association (SAJA)
- Member - Gharial Conservation Alliance (previously known as the Gharial Multi-tasking Force)
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Student Achievement Award, March 2013 - presented by the Diversity Advisory Committee at the University of Montana.
- Graduate Scholarship of $5,000 - awarded by the South Asian Journalists Association for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Kim Williams Fellowship for nature-based writing - $2,000 presented by the School of Journalism, University of Montana, 2012-2013.
- Kim Williams Fellowship for nature-based writing - $1,000 presented by the School of Journalism, University of Montana, 2011-2012.